Applications for this commission opportunity is now closed
BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art (Gateshead), Siobhan Davies Dance (SDD, London), Unlimited, Tramway (Glasgow) and Bluecoat (Liverpool) are delighted to announce a new artist commission opportunity as part of the CONTINUOUS Network programme for 2021/22.
Our collaboration seeks to support the creation of a new disabled-led dance work, from an artist based in England (due to funding limitations). This is part of our broader programme to advance the creation, presentation and development of audiences for experimental independent contemporary dance in visual art contexts.
This opportunity follows the first two CONTINUOUS commissions (2018/19), Lucy Suggate’s Spirit Compass which premiered at BALTIC in Autumn 2019 before touring nationwide, and Zinzi Minott’s Black on Black: 24R due to premiere at BALTIC in March 2021 before a UK-wide tour.
Deadline for submitting a short Expression of Interest for this commission is 12:00 (Noon) on Mon 10 August 2020.
The selection panel will consist of:
Artists: Aby Watson, Laura Lulika, Priya Mistry, Chanje Kunda.
Network Partners: Irene Aristizábal, Head of Curatorial and Public Practice at BALTIC; Jo Verrent, Senior Producer at Unlimited; LJ Findlay-Walsh, Senior Curator of Performance at Tramway; Marie-Anne McQuay, Head of Programme at Bluecoat; Lauren Wright, Programme Director at SDD.
How to apply
Submitttable Expression of Interest - Online Form
• Online applications via Submittable
• You will need to register with Submittable (if you do not have an existing account). You will need an e-mail address to do this. Visit discover.submittable.com
• It is free to register and submit a work for consideration by the panel.
• FAQs on the Submittable website can be found here.
• Please see here for the submittable access statement. There is also an email address for further access support firstname.lastname@example.org
• Should you have further access needs to make an application not accounted for in this online application process please contact Sally Rose on email@example.com.